Saturday, November 3, 2012

11/03/2012

Today, I read Newspapers as Historical Sources by James Ford Rhodes. I didn't get all the way through it, I'm sorry. My attention span is wanting today. I was busy ordering Night Circus for my Nook and looking up the cheapest but best quality versions of Inkspell and Inkdeath, for I am in the final chapters of Inkheart.
I did read a good portion of the essay, though. It seems to me it is a perfect example of  how nothing changes. People will read a certain paper or watch a certain news channel because they align with their political views and not watch another because they don't; people whine and moan about the biased opinions of others but pay no mind to their own biases. The essay was mainly about how, regardless of biases, newspapers are still excellent sources of history.

The poem I read was incredible. I loved it. I recommend reading it, so you can see how the author, Mark, or, Cerulean, made something painfully mundane into something poetic and personal. It's incredible. Dear Death.

I also read If You Forget Me by Pablo Neruda. I suppose saying "it's Pablo Neruda" is insufficient in a blog. It's a wonderful piece about love, albeit in a way I prefer not to think of it. The subject's love for another is clearly dependent on that person's love for him. I think that's a sad way to consider it, however I am sure that it is more real than my fairy tale, pink-glasses version that I prefer to believe.

I am not going to read a short story today. I mainly use the internet at my job, or on my phone at home if I have to. I am on a short day since it is Saturday, so... I will (maybe) review two short stories tomorrow, though most like I will review one plus give my response to Inkheart.

Have a spectacular Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment