Friday, November 2, 2012

11/02/2012

Good morning! I have recently updated my other blogs, if you'd like to take a gander. I find myself mildly amusing. (Actually, I was laughing at my own jokes on my way to work and glancing sideways at other drivers to see if they thought I was having a mental breakdown.)

Lost in the Shuffle. This is my personal blog about me. Today...it was about a bloody highway. That's right. A bloody highway.

React/Respond. This is basically just my blahg on current events.

Dreams. An ongoing dream journal. Feel free to peruse my crazy nightscapes.

So, I didn't post yesterday. I was feeling down since no one responded to my first short story. Not a single person. Kind of dampened my spirits, but... Hey. I'm back. I get knocked down! But I get up again!

The essay/article I read was Raising Successful Children by Madeline Levine. I have my own theories on psychology, but we'll leave those out for now. I don't know why I chose this essay, I just couldn't think of any other subjects to look in (my head is cloudy with lack of sleep and a stubborn cold). It was good. I agree with most of what is in it. All of it, actually. I didn't disagree with anything. I don't really have too much to say about it, though. Sorry.

I read The crumbling silhouette by Ephemerality. What a powerful write. I ended up almost crying at my desk again. It's also very personal.

Today, I read various poems by Leonard Cohen. I am a huge fan of his newer stuff. I am not too much of a fan of his younger music. I don't know why. I don't think he had a golden voice in his youth, but I am definitely glad he never stopped singing. I can't wait to get his new album, Old Ideas. If you know Cohen at all, you know he can be one dirty dog, but even when he's being so, he always does it with...class? Something that resembles it, anyway, for I can't equate being a dirty dog with being classy, no matter how hard I try. One of my favorites, though, was Poem 1 from Book of Mercy...being about angels granting a voice.

For a short story, I read The Star by Esther Claes. It was a pre-dystopian read about the day leading up to the end. It was a good read about a horrible person. I imagine that there are people out there like this, and that thought is deeply disturbing.

I got my first short story up after the end of the first week, and as we are nearing the end of the second week, I still haven't started my second short story. I am chalking this up to having 3 boys, a full time job, and being helplessly addicted to Inkheart, which I am currently reading, but not being able to read it fast, because I am chewing it over slowly, savoring it to the fullest extend. After reading reviews of the book, it seems I am alone in my thinking, as people seem to like the quotes in the book and the idea of the book rather than the book itself, but I love it. I can't wait to get Inkspell and Inkdeath. Every cell that remained of my childhood in me loves the book and you can't change that.

Stay tuned for the To Judge a Book blahg on it.

Yes, I am fully aware that I am spelling blog wrong. But...
Blah blah blah + blog = Blagh. So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment